Legal & Business Affairs Manager (starter), ITVS GE
Heb je interesse in deze vacature?
We offer a unique opportunity for a starting legal manager to develop his/herself within the L&BA team of Global Entertainment. You will work with the best in the business, and have the unique opportunity to take a look behind the scenes of an international television company while expanding your legal knowledge and experience.
WHAT YOU DO
As a starting Legal & Business Affairs Manager you will work within the LBA team where you will learn to negotiate, draft and assess commercial contracts for our sales team. You will be assisting a team of senior legal colleagues, watch, learn, ask questions and become a more experienced Legal Manager yourself. You will assist on:
- drafting format license contracts, deal memos and collaborative agreements with clients from all over the world for the format catalogue of ITV Studios
- drafting, assessing and negotiating commercial exploitation contracts, including brand exploitation, merchandise, digital and social media exploitation agreements, as well as general terms and conditions
- providing practical advice and support, including online applications, with a focus on IP law, contracting law, privacy and media legislation
- managing current contracts
- coordinating between the sales department and the legal department of ITV Studios Global Entertainment
WHO WE ARE
The GE Legal & Business Affairs team provides legal expertise for productions in the entertainment industry in an international environment, a professional and fun team. As a Legal & Business Affairs Manager you will join our team of Senior Legal & Business Affairs Managers, a Director and a Head of Legal & Business Affairs, a Legal Assistant and Contract Coordinators. We share a proactive and performance-oriented work-ethic while thriving under high work pressure. We support each other where necessary, in an open, informal and collegial atmosphere.
Global Entertainment, ITV Studios (GE) focuses on the international sale and exploitation of formats from the catalogue of ITV Studios, TwoFour and all other ITV labels. These include The Voice and its spin-offs The Voice Kids and The Voice Senior (122 versions in 180 countries). But also the popular Love Island, Hell's Kitchen, I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here, The Four, The Chase and I Love Holland. GE is known for its expertise in managing shows that attract large audiences, has great global commercial potential, and monetizes content through a variety of ways, including brand licensing, merchandising, commercial integration, and digital and social activities.
WHO YOU ARE
As a starter you are a proactive, energetic and commercial self-starter with an eye for detail and a keen interest for working in the media industry. You have an affiliation with intellectual property (IP), media and contracting law, an intuitive commercial sense and a flexible ‘team player’ attitude. You have:
- A Master’s degree in Dutch and/or English Law
- Around 1 or 2 years of relevant work experience (preferably within media, academia or law firm) but you can also be a starter having finished your Master in Intellectual Property and (preferably) Media-law.
- Full command of the Dutch and English languages in word and writing
- Some knowledge of jurisprudence and legislation (contract law and IP law with a focus on copyright and media law)
- Some knowledge of the sector (advantage)
- Some experience with international commercial contracting (advantage)
WHAT WE OFFER
A unique opportunity as a starter to join an experienced inhouse team of legal counsels, watch, learn and develop. On top of this, we reward you with:
- A varied job in a young and ambitious team
- Good secondary employment conditions (for example an NS Business Card)
- Hybrid working
- A diverse and inclusive work environment
- Eye for the environment (ITV Green)
- Access to MyITV/MyAcademy offering many opportunities (short courses / training and new educational events every week)
- A Good work atmosphere with happy colleagues, special events, the best quizzes, table tennis tournaments and other team activities
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We are always open to that. Whether you work with us for a week, month or year
- Currently, we work from home whenever possible. Of course we make sure you have a good workplace at home. Including office chair, laptop, desk and confetti