Legal & Business Affairs Manager, ITVS GE
Heb je interesse in deze vacature?
The GE Legal & Business Affairs team provides legal expertise for productions in the entertainment industry in an international environment, a professional and fun team. As a Legal & Business Affairs Manager you will join our team of Senior Legal & Business Affairs Managers, a Director and a Head of Legal & Business Affairs, a Legal Assistant and Contract Coordinators. We share a proactive and performance-oriented work-ethic while thriving under high work pressure. We support each other where necessary, in an open, informal and collegial atmosphere.
Global Entertainment, ITV Studios (GE) focuses on the international sale and exploitation of formats from the catalogue of ITV Studios, TwoFour and all other ITV labels. These include The Voice and its spin-offs The Voice Kids and The Voice Senior (122 versions in 180 countries). But also the popular Love Island, Hell's Kitchen, I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here, The Four, The Chase and I Love Holland. GE is known for its expertise in managing shows that attract large audiences, has great global commercial potential, and monetizes content through a variety of ways, including brand licensing, merchandising, commercial integration, and digital and social activities.
As a Legal & Business Affairs Manager working at ITV Studios Global Entertainment will truly feel like a whole new episode in your career. Uncover these 3 reasons to join us in this exciting role:
- We offer you the opportunity to be part of a senior legal team, the sharpest legal experts in the entertainment industry.
- Global Entertainment is the home of licensing for some of the most powerful formats in the world including the current number one entertainment brand, The Voice and its spin-offs. You will be at the heart of it all.
- You will have a Global impact. Our strong presence in 12 countries allows us to quickly roll-out content across the globe. We operate in the UK, US, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, Israel, Finland, Norway, Denmark & Sweden.
“Never a dull moment, media infrastructure changes at a rapid pace.”
WHO YOU ARE
As a Legal & Business Affair Manager you are a proactive, energetic and commercial self-starter with an eye for detail and an interest in working in the media, gaming and events industry. You grasp the balance between legal and commercial interests intuitively and have a clear view of the bigger picture. You have:
- A Master’s degree in Dutch and/or English Law
- Around 5 years of relevant work experience (preferably within the media)
- Full command of the Dutch and English languages in word and writing
- Deep knowledge of jurisprudence and legislation (contract law and IP law with a focus on copyright and media law)
- Knowledge of the sector is an emphatic advantage
- Experience with international commercial contracting is an advantage
- The willingness to travel if required
WHAT YOU DO
As a Legal & Business Affairs Manager you will work within the LBA team where you negotiate, draft and assess commercial contracts for our sales team. Your responsibilities:
- Drafting format license contracts, deal memos and collaborative agreements all over the world for the format catalogue of ITV Studios
- Drafting, assessing and negotiating commercial exploitation contracts, including brand exploitation, merchandise, digital and social media exploitation agreements, and general terms and conditions
- Providing practical advice and support, including online applications, with a focus on IP law, contracting law, privacy and media legislation
- Managing current contracts
- Coordinating between the sales department and the legal department of ITV Studios Global Entertainment
WHAT WE OFFER
Every deal is unique, every new format brings new opportunities and unique legal challenges. On top of this, we reward you with:
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary employment conditions
- Access to My Academy (development)
- Hybrid working
- A diverse and inclusive work environment
- Eye for the environment (ITV Green)
How you apply
Apply via (link) or send your resume and motivational letter to Moos Stafleu, firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of HR. We have a straightforward selection process with two or three conversations. First, an informal digital coffee with Wim Hoen, Head of Legal and Business Affairs. Second, a legal conversation with the Director and one of your future colleagues. If you have questions feel free to contact email@example.com.